The inside of your head can look like this - stuff everywhere. And what do you do to clear it up?
Working with clients, here is something that works pretty well:
- take a pause along with a deep breath
- dump out everything that is in your brain (aka: brain dump) on sheets of paper - don't be concerned about the order or if it makes any sense at all, just get it out.
- next take the brain dump and categorize with colours, or marks or by circling things that match the headings
- to do now - not negotiable
- opportunities to look at later
- for planning next year
- to do now - nice to do
- to delegate - I don't need to do this
- once this is completed, you can wrap your head (now de-cluttered) around the pieces to tackle
Let me know if it works.