Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Discipline? What's That?

My challenge to myself was to get 100 blogs posted in a row......and I almost missed today!
Why?
Simple - I did not follow my usual morning routine - blogging as soon as I can after I get the kids off to school.  Today went another way.

Discipline is hard.  It's more difficult than building a habit - discipline feels like it is a negative activity - that I am forcing myself to do something....just like the poster above states.
I don't like to be forced to do things I don't want to do.....I prefer to build solid habits.

So let's take a moment and pause.
Reframe.
Discipline is now an old word for Habit.

My new habit around blogging in the morning makes me feel good - like I have accomplished something creative for the day.  Now, no matter what the day holds, I know that I got to share a bit of my own thoughts with the world of cyberspace.

Wow - relief.  And thanks!

No comments: