When we wind down the year, sometimes it's hard to get to the end of the line/project and we need a boost.
As leaders, we need to be able to identify the signs that our teams give us so that we can help them achieve those last objectives before the year-end arrives.
What do you do to boost that energy? Here are a few ideas:
- take an afternoon out as a team to re-align projects and understand exactly what needs to be completed....re-organized and rejuvenated
- have a group lunch or breakfast with no talk of work......social time
- watch an inspirational or no-brainer movie together, with popcorn and all the trimmings (the brain break will help create focus)
- implement a daily 5 minute recap huddle to share progress and quickly overcome obstacles....builds momentum, helps share the issues
- celebrate successes each day.....creates a checkmark and solidifies feeling of completion
- chocolate & treats....actual energy boost...sugar always works!
- breathing exercises....gives time to refocus the brain with oxygen
- leeway....everyone boosts differently, give the team some leeway & let them share their energy-boosting ideas with the team