Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Getting Through the Mid-Day Slump




What do you do in the middle of the day to get the blood pumping and energy flowing?




How do you get through the mid-day slump?

Here are a few things I do.  As a solo-preneur (and leader of the team of ME) I need to refocus and get the afternoon off to a great start so that I can stay productive...or if meeting with clients and prospects, stay focused and present with them.
  1. I take a few minutes to review my afternoon agenda and the next day too.  This helps me to see where I am at, what is left to accomplish and most importantly, see how much I have done so far.
  2. I add in or delete whatever is necessary because some things tend to pop up that need to be dealt with immediately. I feel the sense of accomplishment...get psyched for what is next and jump right in.
  3. If I don' t feel totally ready, I walk outside for some fresh air, or grab a green tea and then get moving.  I find that walking away from my desk (or car) to stretch and breathe gets me re-energized.
If all else fails, I pick up the phone and call a good friend or colleague and ask for help to get back on track....this helps to eliminate any mental blocks I may be having....talking it through gets the job done.

How do you get through the mid-day slump?  What do you do to avoid the slump completely?

No comments: