Friday, August 13, 2010

TIME OUT



If you have children, you may have put them on 'time out' to have them settle down, or give them time to think.  As adults, we could actually use a 'time out' every once in  a while to actually breathe, relax, refocus and reconnect.  We run so quickly in so many directions, attached to all kinds of gadgets with time slipping away from us.


Look back at your calendar.  When was the last time you took a day (or a weekend) for yourself?  Perhaps went away and relaxed with your partner/spouse/bunch of friends?  Perhaps read a book, front to back in one weekend?  Sat in the park and watched the world go by?


Life moves very quickly and we can easily forget to be who we are because we are so wrapped up in just doing. 


I am heading out to Niagara on the Lake, Ontario Canada this weekend with my husband and 4 other couples. We are going to tour vineyards, see plays at the Shaw Festival, golf and spa (just a bit!). I have been looking forward to this re-connect time all summer!  I wish you the best this weekend....take may advice and take a TIME OUT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like that! I need to put myself in time out more. Actually, my hubby is taking me to a concert tonight. Not sure how much relaxing I get to do, thinking about having to get up at 5am tomorrow morning.