Monday, November 26, 2012

It's about Perspective


Coming soon is my new brand and my new website.
There is a story of perspective here.
See - even in the image above - we know that the guy's hand is not as big as the Eiffel Tower, but it is our perspective because of the way the image is composed - we need to take a second look.

To tell my story of perspective, it is really 2 -fold.  Both, funny enough, come from great people in my breakfast group. (I will tell one story today and the other one later on).  First is Mark from Digital Media - we met last year at a Rotary Club meeting and quickly became fast friends.  About 6 months ago, he made a statement that made a lightbulb go off in my head - that people know me as the brand and not my company - it was so true.  I tested this out by asking some key people about my company - they knew me instead.  Interesting.

Thinking this through, and knowing that I was ready to invest in a professional website, I decided it was time to take the plunge.  When we had our initial meetings in his office with his creative director, the question "am I married to the name or current logo' the first answer out of my mouth was NO - that surprised me.  After discussing what I do and how I do it, I left feeling like I had been interviewed for a job...knowing that they needed this to do their jobs.

I went back after a few weeks and found a cool logo...and the word PERSPECTIVE on the first ad we were going to run.  Just a one degree turn of your head can change your perspective - and it was so true.  By evaluating, asking questions, listening and seeing me in action, Mark developed a great new logo and helped me to change my perspective about my company, my work and my future - elevating me to new thoughts, opening new doors and examining my processes and projects more closely.

Taking this time and working with some else has been invaluable.  When will you take this time?

No comments: