Friday, April 20, 2012

The Micro-Micro Manager

Hi! Nice to meet you. I am your boss. I want to know your schedule for every second of every day. In fact, you will grant me administrative access to your Outlook so that I can see your schedule whenever I want. I can then call and check up on you, verify if you actually show up, just keep tabs on you.

Also, just a warning, I will freak out if you change what you are working on for the day and don't record it. I won't be there to see it, and it won't impact me in the slightest, I just need to be the one in control and you need to cater to my every whim! I am the BOSS!

Oh, and by the way, that will also give me access to your emails. I'll read them too, especially if there is anything interesting from your spouse (like what to pick up for dinner or your weekend plans, hey, maybe I can join you or plan a meeting that will ruin it!) or team-mate banter (to make sure I am not the brunt of jokes or general discussion - no fun allowed. I do not have a sense of humor that anyone but me would understand!). At least then I can be in the loop and know everything about you!

Have a nice first day at work.

Truly,

Your Boss

Have you had this message or scenario played out in your world? What would you do?

No comments: