I have spend significant time reading books - because I LOVE BOOKS - in their whole scope and as well as summaries. The more reading I have done to prepare for this segment of my year, I have found that there is one thing in common - a laser focus. I also realized that this is one thing missing from my own business - a laser focus.
Here is what I did to get there: (and believe me it is still in development & extremely uncomfortable)
- set aside time each month of July through December to focus specifically ON my business
- plan each month what I would look at in those 'project weeks' (soon to be called Focus Weeks)
- July: the business of all the ideas that have accumulated and what actually relates to my core
- oh yes, determining to stick to my core
- August: creating the plan to drive business and relationships
- September: outlining all of 2014
- this means looking at my ideas in a new way
- is there a test process for them?
- who can I discuss them with?
- can I create focus groups that will help me realize this?
That's it - so far it's working. I feel that I have removed some obstacles that we making me 'stuck'- I even used "Unstuck" to get there......and it feels great.
Flying solo is not easy - and taking this time makes me feel refreshed and even more excited about my business - I am finding new ways to develop the business and myself. Could I ask for more?
How do you reflect and refocus your business & your own development?