Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why Bother Blogging?

I spend time working with clients on developing their brand (and reputation) online.  I focus here because it is a great place to discuss their leadership, their values and their mission + those of their company. 

Alignment is critical.  Especially when you want to tell your story.  Alignment and Authenticity - the two 'A's' of credibility - walking your talk.

Blogging is a great way to tell your story and the story of others.  Some people blog for fun, others for business, some to be creative - have an outlet, and others blog to vent, show another side of themselves.  There are so many reasons and so many platforms.  I try to encourage my clients to blog - it builds traffic, creates a space for your words and deeds, gives you an opportunity to engage and interact, gives a more detailed place to provide insight...and it can be posted to other social engagement platforms - LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more. 

I was reading stats in Sandy Carter's book 'Get Bold' and it said that in the next 5 years more than 20% of CEO's will blog.  This is an incredibly important stat with great ramifications - leaders blog.  Leaders engage. Leaders tell stories.  Leaders need to stay current with technology and up to date with the people they hire.  As the Millenials come into the workforce, and those beyond them, leaders will need to talk their language and speak in their forums...not the other way around.

Want to learn more about blogging?  Let me know.  Let me teach you my lessons that I learned along the way so that you don't have to make my mistakes!

No comments: