Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Take Your Kids to Work Day


Today is take your kids to work day in our area.  My son asked if he could work with me - my office is in my home....thought he could get in a little extra X-box and stuff like that.  Not so much!  We have appointments and projects that need completing.  He is about to find out how this 'work-from-home' gig really goes.

I remember this day from when I was in corporate world.  Kids would come into the store or the office and work side by side with their parents or sponsors.  We would set up a tour, a Q&A session and more - they would write an essay on the day and explain what they learned.  My son's school is asking for nothing in return - so I guess this is just a day off for the Grade 9 teachers....Why send kids to work, to discover the opportunities that are out in the world and ask for nothing in return.  Is this a learning experience or what?

Those of you who know me by now, know that this will be a learning experience.  We'll talk, we'll dialogue, ask questions and of course, I will ask him for the 3 things he learned today.  I will post the learnings later for you to see.

Have a great day!  I know we will.

No comments: