The season is upon us now
a time for gifts and giving.
As the year draws to it's close,
I think about my living.....
These are lyrics from 'A Baby Just Like You' - originally by Frank Sinatra and more recently (still over 22 years ago, by John Denver & The Muppets)...and the words hit me every time.
I love music - and I listen especially to the words. And I let the tears come to my eyes as they usually do. So let's take a stroll through these words at this time of year....
When the last days of the year approach, taking time to reflect on the year that was gives us many things:
~ comfort ~ hope ~ ideas ~ longing ~ focus ~ understanding ~ opportunities for gratitude ~
and I am sure many more to think about.
Reading blog posts, articles and newsletters from my online community connections, this is a topic that is featured multiple times. I have also completed this exercise with my Mastermind Teams over the last few sessions in order to prepare for a solid start to the New Year.
Here is the process we followed:
- with 2 worksheets, we focused on reflection in 2 ways
- action (what did we do or not do)
- learning (what did we learn from the doing or not doing)
- what they could do with the learning and reflection?
- how can they apply this to next year's goals?
- what have they left behind that is no longer required (as a goal or a commitment or comfort-zone)?
Download your own worksheets & get started. Let me know how you are doing.
Special thanks to Chris Taylor at Actionable Books - I adapted these worksheets from a great annual review he created and shared with his team, and his community!