Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Leadership DNA

So....what are you made of?  What can you say, comprises you, or your leadership?
How do you know that what you have is what it takes to be a leader?

Leadership DNA is a project that I have been working on for a while.  It has been living in the back of my mind - germinating - so to speak.  It has come to light in the form of a series of half- day workshops that will begin in the Fall of 2011 in my local market.  But this is not a commercial, more of an introduction to what has been developing and why.  (If you would really like to read more about it go to my website http://www.solsticegroupcoaching.com/ and look at 'Leadership')

I have discovered (and I don't usually write about myself, but I am today) that leaders come in all shapes and sizes, experiences and inexperiences, and -as if you didn't already know - a variety of interests and ideologies that make them up.  At the same time, they seem to all be focused on one particular outcome - that the service of others - their company, their team, their community, comes before their ego.

I have also discovered that there is a lack of understanding about leadership - what it is, what it can do, how it can influence and connect with others.  All off the leadership traits are personal and reflected outward in a manner that creates a positive and motivating environment. 
It is sharing what you know. 
It is providing value without further intention.
It is being yourself and responsible for your actions, accountable to the world around you.

Look at yourself - what do you think?

No comments: