What is really happening? And as a leader, how can you help move your team....and yourself to grasp the next month and move forward.
It always feels like there is a ramp-up period...gratefulness that there are only 4 working days in this week. Personally, I found myself torn between having lots of energy and setting off on new adventures of my own and then wishing I was my 21-year old son starting classes next week.
So there is a lot to handle (what else is new).
This time of year:
- we regroup and refresh, tackling left over projects with renewed gusto
- we have to focus on the changes that are happening around us ( to us & others) like first days of school (and parent-angst..been there, done that, have the t-shirt and pinky hugs), to new starts to chapters in our lives (retirement or career shifts)
- we are planning how to end this current year and hit our benchmarks - personal, professional and the rest
- we are deciding what needs to be budgeted and planned for next year.
With all this going on, emotions on high and change running rampant, as a leader, what can you do to support your team and clients?
Ask the following questions of each of them:
- What would you like to accomplish by the end of September?
- What would you like to accomplish by the end of the year?
- What obstacles do you foresee?
- How can I help you get there?
Once you have helped others get this into place, it will be more clear where you need to head too.
Have fun...and like Kevin in the cartoon, keep the umbrella up & the ice cream handy!