Friday, August 24, 2012

Taking Next Steps


There comes a time in every leader's life to take next steps.  What are the criteria to make good choices that lead to next steps?
Here are a few to consider:

  • Is it the right time? Why is this the right time?
  • Are the right people involved?  Who, specifically, are the players and why them?
  • What are the results I am expecting with this step?
  • What issues/challenges am I eliminating with this step?
  • Is this step good for the organization or just good for me? 
  • Why is this step important?
  • Do I know the next step after this one?
  • Does taking this step take me closer to my goals?
Take some time in your next planning session to understand the answers to these questions.  What other questions do you consider in your next steps?

No comments: