- What I know about my business
- What keeps me up at night
- What I need to learn
- My immediate business challenge
Here are the notes - applicable to many inside and outside the room.
The challenge focused on the forced change that life has thrown his way, so the options exist to pursue the corporate world or take on the challenge of becoming an entrepreneur.
- Understand your reality by the numbers - how long will your present income last?
- Set a 'parachute' timeline so that you are able to survive, pay the bills and explore the option.
- Be realistic about wanting the 'pain' of entrepreneurship or choosing to always be a great #2
- Do you have passion for what you have set out to do?
- Spend time developing your personal vision - 5yrs, 10yrs +
- Do a SWOT analysis on yourself. Do an external scan on that SWOT - ask for open feedback.
- Develop a clear client profile
- Develop a clear message about who you are and what you do
- Be open-minded to the opportunities that are out there that may not be in your current field but can still use the skill set you have already developed
- Understand your optimum level of momentum? What is the amount of chaos you want/need in your life and can you get that from work as well as other sources - working out, hobbies, groups etc?
- Develop an elevator pitch and a short referral phrase so that others can help refer business for you.
- Be open to flexible opportunities, perhaps even suggest them as you go through this process.
- Make a decision - commit.