Now I have arrived. And at the same time, know that I need to continue to focus so that I don't get derailed.
Here is advice and a few comments I have received/gleaned along the way:
- focus on the One Thing - what is it and do all roads lead there
- the issue with this is that while the One Thing is a super idea, we are always juggling more than One Thing.
- it is difficult to work on more than 3 projects at any one time if you are really trying to move the needle
- breaking the year down into projects over months and putting hard timelines in place for main components (development, marketing, launching, revisiting) certainly helps put perspective around workload and ability to ship
- life happens
- things shift and opportunities come to you - selecting the right ones to put into play that align with your goals and values is critical
- learning to say Yes and to say No is hard...having a strong plan for the year (Thanks Michael HYATT B.Y.E.) helps keep the focus on what the right response should be at this time
Crashing through the pace that the world is currently throwing at us, we all need to understand how to keep the focus and ship. What other ideas do you have on shipping regularly and sticking to your plan?