Monday, May 4, 2015

Why Not Today?

There comes a time when we need to heed our own advice.  It has been a struggle for me for most of the last 2 months to get my routine in place so that I am productive, focused and shipping regularly.

Now I have arrived.  And at the same time, know that I need to continue to focus so that I don't get derailed.

Here is advice and a few comments I have received/gleaned along the way:

  • focus on the One Thing - what is it and do all roads lead there
    • the issue with this is that while the One Thing is a super idea, we are always juggling more than One Thing.
  • it is difficult to work on more than 3 projects at any one time if you are really trying to move the needle
    • breaking the year down into projects over months and putting hard timelines in place for main components (development, marketing, launching, revisiting) certainly helps put perspective around workload and ability to ship
  • life happens
Crashing through the pace that the world is currently throwing at us, we all need to understand how to keep the focus and ship.  What other ideas do you have on shipping regularly and sticking to your plan?



No comments: