It is completely scary that we are nearing the end of the year. Time certainly has flown by...and this time of year seems to move quicker than the rest, so hold onto your seat.
What is the plan to get to the end of the calendar year with your goals accomplished?
How do you take time out to Engage With Your Future? What I am asking is, what are you doing, on a regular basis to create excitement, momentum and connection to your very own future? How will you finish the year? Or do you even know?
The Googled Definition.
So let's apply this definition to you (and me) as a leader + the future.
Taking time for yourself - whether an hour per week or 3 hours every 3 months to figure this out is critical. We can only measure our own engagement through the goals we set, and work to achieve..
How can we expect our teams to get this, if we don't get this?
Here are 3 steps to take:
- Take out your calendar and select one day in the next 5 days in which you will (I am not saying 'can' because this is a must-do! - thanks Dianne!) carve out 1 hour to figure out exactly where you stand on progress to your goals. (add 15 minutes if you cannot quite locate those goals)
- In the 5 days following, figure out the gap - what do you still need to do to get there?
- Build a plan over the next 16 weeks - week by week - on how you will get this completed.
- what are the numbers
- what can you delegate
- how you will measure success
Now you are ready for action.
Other suggestions once you have completed this exercise for yourself:
- get your team members to do the same & see if you are all focused on the same priorities - if not, why not?
- do this at home too - lots going on as the year ends - stay on top of it & enjoy it by being present!
- as your co-workers to share where they need help - perhaps there are items to collaborate on which will lessen the work load.
If you want a guided tour of this process - join me in person on September 3rd - a full day visit with me & 9 other business & business unit leaders. Set yourself up for success.