By now, you have already completed your business plan (if not, click here and let's get started) so looking at the rest of the picture, now that you have your numbers should be a pretty interesting exercise.
Here is what I learned:
- I love my clients...they push me, they drive me, they inspire me
- I love the coaching work that I do - in private sessions and in Mastermind Teams - my passion is seeing others get that ah-ha moment and make that shift to a new space or frame or mind.
- I love the relationships that I get to build, expanding my network and simply meeting very cool, interesting people that eventually may become clients - no worries if they do not.
- I love marketing and business planning - this is where I can work out new strategies and tactics as well as share my secrets with others.
- I do not like the tracking, paperwork and tedious stuff that goes along with running your own business.
- I do not like the lack of value that gets placed on my time - by myself and by others. I can easily get distracted, especially online....others can distract me by engaging me into enterprises that may or may not need my expertise...just sound interesting.
- I do not like my tough road ahead to help entrepreneurs and executives understand their need for a coach....and for a business plan....and for a marketing plan....to eliminate the tendency for others to fly-by-the-seat of their pants.
What about you? What did you find in your own evaluation of the 2011 stuff that was not strictly the dollars and cents? Share please - we can all use the insights.