Monday, January 26, 2015
What they (and you) really need is a plan.
This plan is all about Developing the Bench Strength you have on your team....new and emerging leaders need to know they are a priority for developing key leadership skills that will help keep momentum headed in the right direction (forward!) and that they are a valuable part of the team.
Just launching today on MakeItActionable...custom workshops that will help you get this in place for your organization.
Face it - do you really have the time to figure all of this out? - workshops, action steps (that are truly actionable!), feedback, coaching, mentoring and discussion + facilitation and RESULTS!
It's already done for you. Check it out & let's get this in place right away - waiting will only cause you more pain....let's resolve it right now!
Posted by Lora Crestan at 4:00 AM
Monday, January 5, 2015
|Not this type of ship!|
Every year I work to focus on a specific thought, idea and/or bell-weather so that I can push myself, test myself, challenge myself and grow.
2015 will be the Year of SHIP!
This thought has been inspired by none other than Seth Godin - prolific marketer, author, and my favourite blogger every day in my inbox.
Ship means to get your stuff, your art, your thoughts, your work out there....to the world.
The key thought Seth promotes is simple (and this is how I interpret it) - we are talented, we are creative, we get stuff done - show the world. Whether it is perfect or not is not the reason not to SHIP - get it out there.
My goals over 2015 count a great deal on my activity and mental awareness around SHIP! and you will see me (or hear me) say this a lot....and it means a lot. To get out there and be bold, be vulnerable and be my own weird self is truly a carry on from 2014 and my Year of the Brave.
So how about you? What will 2015 bring for you? What have you decided you will do to make this your best year yet? What challenges have you set for yourself and what will that mean to the world around you?
PS - thanks Michael Hyatt - we all, my husband and sons included, loved the process on BYE and are focused on that self-fulfilling prophecy.
Friday, January 2, 2015
2014 has passed. The Year of the Brave is over.
What have I learned with this challenge to myself?
Here you go:
- I am more comfortable with being uncomfortable
- I am more focused on achievements that mean something to me and not those watching
- I know more about who I am and what pushes me further
- I am happy, happier than I have ever
- I know that even when I don't give it my all, I can back up and take another run at things without feeling overwhelm or a failure.
- According to one client, I am happy with the feeling of 'whelm' not overwhelmed.
- It is hard to pull people to do what I need them to or want them to do, it's really about developing trust and having them come with me, along side.
- I work with people who are on my page, I have stopped trying to convert people
- I am weird, brave and uncoolly geeky....and I accept that with a huge grin on my face and a very light heart!
How about you? What did you do in your Year of 'xxxx' 2014?
What are you looking for in 2015?
Thursday, January 1, 2015
It's here. Are you ready?
Don't be intimidated.
You are awesome.
Your team is fantastic.
You are focused, fabulous and fresh.
Your business will thrive because it is yours - your passion, your art, your heart & soul is in it...
....and your head and hands are ready to work hard.
You will come up to obstacles and readily handle them
You will be tempted with distractions and renew your focus.
You will be challenged and change them quickly to opportunities.
You will ROCK!!
May this be your best year yet.
Posted by Lora Crestan at 7:00 AM