We are all doing this. We are reflecting on our last year and looking forward to the next. After all, without reflecting on the past, how can we set goals, make plans or even learn?
By taking time at the end of the year (or project or quarter or month) to review and see what you accomplished, or didn't, you have the opportunity to relive (see them again in your mind's eye, enjoy/celebrate one more time!) some moments, and put others away (get closure, finalize, remove/delete).
Here is my ReLive List for 2015:
my sons graduating to their next level of education
- new clients that asked me to join them on their journey
- trip to the Bahamas - new spot to visit
- Las Vegas with my mom & dad!
- becoming part of a virtual team
- new wineries to visit (numerous!)
- hosting The Art of Inspiring Conversation
- watching all of How I Met Your Mother with my hubby
- birth of a new family member
- new business opportunity (more on this next)
- reading 2.75 books per month - opening my eyes and my mind to new ideas
- starting a develop-myself trek by 'reading' while running - bless the inventor of the audiobook & the authors who read their own work!
Here is my PutAway List for 2015:
- falling off my plans for posting regularly
- not hitting 2 goals for this year
- firing a client
- realigning my time to focus on what matters most - and then not sticking to the plan (It was the Year of Ship....every year should be the Year of Ship....)
- arguments, fights and wasted time in toxic encounters
- tears of not enough, when we are all enough
- mistakes, misunderstandings and miscommunications
- realizing I still need to forgive and grieve in order to move forward (that one hurts still!)
Writing this out, I can see that the ReLive list certainly includes more other people than the PutAway List - that tells me something right there, doesn't it?
Part of getting this out is to help us see where we can make changes & grow. The other side is to look at what behaviours, feeling and accomplishments do we want to repeat & how do we do that. Starting tomorrow, it's all about finding the way to enjoy more, regret less; hope more, grieve less; ask more, be present, give back & be kind.